Monday, October 18, 2010

Yint - Part.1

I too will be contributing to this Blog. I'm Mike Carlstrom, also know as: Yint. I got my start in driving with a 1995 Dodge Neon. Not my first choice of cars, but it was the "kids car" for my family. It took me about 2 years to blow that up, and I was rewarded with my second car, a... 2000 Dodge Neon, but at least this one had power steering. I drove that for another 2 years, before finally I entered the world of proper cars and got my 2002 Subaru Impreza TS. (only slightly photoshoped)


Having reached a point in my life where I could actually make enough money to do anything considerable to the car, I decided the best place to start modifying it would be to put a WRX engine in it. So I did. I will likely do a full right up on the swap, but that is a job for another day. In short, I bought a 1997 impreza base model that had already been swapped to a WRX engine and a Legacy GT drive train, all the guts from that car and put it into my TS, and took the TS engine and drive train and put it into the 97.
 
Now I am working as a backyard mechanic while finishing up my BS in mechanical engineering. I have done quite a few jobs now, ranging from a brake light switch on a 1988 Volvo 244, to a top end rebuild on a Ford Windstar. My next big job I already have lined up will be buying a junkyard engine, rebuilding it, and swapping it into a 1997 Hyundai Accent. I will be starting that job in the next week (I hope.) The customer hasn't responded to my last email where I detailed out all of what I would be doing, and how much it would cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment