Saturday, October 23, 2010

Squarebush Legacy

I'm starting a ever growing suspension project on my 98 wagon. The couple major things done to it this year and I setting up some thing big right now. However I still have no idea what I am doing or why.

So its time to come up with a plan.

Right now I have my car sitting on a fresh set of KYB GR2's. These provide about 25% stiffer damping over stock plus however much I lost from high mileage. I'm running the uprated rear sway bar I mentioned before which did a bit to help stiffen up the rear.

Now I am in search of some added anti roll effect. I looked into and purchased an impreza ground control spring set up. I crunched a bunch of number, read countless forum posts and did everything I could to end up more confused about what is going to happen to my vehicle when I put them on. Basically it is all going to be a fairly useful experiment in struts and springs. Also on the way are extra camber bolts for front and rear along with TIC steering rack bushings.

More suspension nonsense after the break
Ok now the good stuff...
I am working up a plan for tuning. Right now I am focusing all of my work and money on improving suspension, grip, and brakes. I hope to be able to have a focused chassis capable of handling serious increases in speed and power. I want to have maximum road handling power the chassis can dish out before I go and do something dumb like add an H6 or LGT 2.5t (EJ255.)

After spending time looking into springs and spring rates I started reading up on the higher end struts and coilover packages. Expect some real technical writeups on some of my findings and hopefully I will shed some light on how and what these are all about.

Also when the parts get here I'll try to rig together a safe and effective @ home alignment and show off a lot of spring and strut information previously missing from most of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment