Monday, November 1, 2010

Slammed - Excerpt.1

Wishing to believe I have some influence over Squarebush's mod path, I insisted on installing the steering rack bushings first.  I had done these in my own Subaru (an identical year/make/model), and although the perceivable difference is small, the amount of confidence the increase in feedback grants the driver is phenomenal.

I installed the steering rack bushings three nights ago.  It was a pain and took forever, but at least I didn't break anything this time (the bolts rust badly; I broke the captive nut inside the crossmember free on my car).  Best mod for the money, but just go slow getting the bolts out.  I had to go back and forth a few times with each one, using a lot of penetrating lubricant.  Because It's so easy to break these bolts I left the impact gun in its drawer.

Two nights ago, we installed the Ground Control height adjustable spring kit and put in the camber bolts.  It went well, the car handles, and it's dropped hysterically low.  It's 45° out and I'm sitting on the ground outside laughing, looking at Squarebush's car next to mine.  At least that's what I thought after three cocktails, which I'm getting better at making.

Bushwacker:
1/2 oz. coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
1/2 oz. amaretto
1/2 oz. light rum
1/2 oz. Irish cream liqueur
2 oz. light cream
Pour in that order into an iced filled glass. I prefer to stir. I made mine a double the other night.

I was next going to make a gin and tonic, but poured the gin and couldn't find any tonic (one of the many hazards of not living alone).  I found some 'birch beer' in the fridge and tried that instead.  It was amazing!  Tasted like wintergreen.

DRINK RESPONSIBLY.  DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE.  SHUT UP, I WASN'T DRIVING, SQUAREBUSH WAS.  OH, AND DON'T LIKE, DRINK A BIT TOO MUCH, THEN LOOSE A FINGER TO AN ANGLE GRINDER.

2 comments:

  1. Steering rack bushing upgrades in our cars are surprisingly nice mods. Totally worth it, and you can tell the difference in one drive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice try! The day Nii can handle three cocktails is the day he'd dare to consume someone else's diet soda.

    ...OH WAIT.

    ReplyDelete