Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yint's Weekly Update 11/02/2010

Okay, since last I posted I replaced the exhaust headers on my cousin's Phase II 2.5L N/A Subaru.


The sound these headers make is quite nice.

I also did a large job on a 2004 Legacy. Timming belt, clutch, and head gaskets. The owner of the car was quoted $3800 at the shop for this service, I managed to do it for him for $700.

Then I picked up my next job. A Hyundai Accent that has a blown engine. Rented a trailer from U-Haul for $55; I would have used a two-wheel tow dolly, but the U-Haul in town didn't have any. Got the car home, and tore the engine down this morning. Tomorrow, I will be pulling the blown engine the rest of the way out, and if I have time, I will be going to get the donor engine from a junkyard about 60 miles away.

3 comments:

  1. someone is jealous that his car isnt loud enough. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds good, but the glass packed is a little much... then again, I have no ground clearence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its not loud enough yet, just wait for the exhaust to be cat-less with no resonator...haha.

    ReplyDelete